Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What is the Sabbath? Is it for Christians today? What day is it?

Here are just a few ideas I have heard expressed by different Christians I have talked to.

“The Sabbath is every day since Jesus. He came and now we rest in Him every day.”

“We are no longer bound by the ceremonial laws of the Mosaic Law.”

“God changed the Sabbath from the 7th day to the first day of the week when Jesus was resurrected on the first day of the week.”

“Don’t judge me for not keeping the Sabbath; the Bible says not to judge others regarding the Sabbath.”

“Even Jesus broke the Sabbath, so it must be okay.”

So which of the above is true? Are they all true, is it something else entirely? Are we to observe the Sabbath in the manner the Jewish people do? What does the Bible say regarding this topic? What does history tell us?

These are just some of the questions I had when I first started looking into the Sabbath. In the next week or two I plan on weeding through some of these questions using Scripture and history to show why I believe the Sabbath should be observed on the 7th day of the week by all Christians. So stay tuned for the posts to follow!

Shalom (Peace)

No comments:

Post a Comment